This summery salad Edna Shaffer shares combines cucumbers, oranges and a tangy dressing with fresh-tasting results. "Sometimes I sprinkle sunflower kernels over the top before serving for extra crunch," suggests the Beulah, Michigan cook.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 small cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 large navel orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sweetened plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon orange juice
- Dash salt, optional
- In a bowl, combine cucumbers and orange slices. Combine yogurt and
- orange juice; pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and
- refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, season with salt if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 3/4-cup serving (prepared without salt) equals 71 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.