A delicious and hearty meal for the whole family! Recipe provided by Eggland's Best®.
- 1-1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes
- Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, finely chopped (seeded if desired)
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped (seeded if desired)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground garam marsala (Indian spice)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole peeled tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint, more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or basil, more for garnish
- 6 Eggland's Best® eggs (large)
- Black pepper, as needed
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with generously salted water. Bring to a boil; cook until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Drain. When just cool enough to handle, slice into 1/2-inch-thick rounds.
- While potatoes cook, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until almost tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in peppers and cook 3 minutes. Add ginger, garlic, cumin, garam masala and coriander; cook 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Simmer over medium-low heat, breaking up tomatoes with a fork, 15 minutes. Stir in mint and cilantro or basil. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Place potatoes in a single layer in a 9-inch-square baking dish. Pour the hot tomato sauce over potatoes. Transfer pan to oven and bake 20 minutes.
- Make six wells in the tomato mixture. Crack eggs into wells and season with salt and pepper. Bake until egg whites are set and cooked through.
- Serve garnished with herbs. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sunshine Potatoes in Eggland's Best 2015
Reviews for Sunshine Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review