Since I live in the "Sunshine State," I just had to share this delicious muffin recipe that utilizes juice from our most famous crop---oranges. These muffins are a must when any of our "Yankee" friends come to visit. —Sharyn Browning, Loxahatchee, Florida
15-18 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Orange Extract
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add
- remaining ingredients; stir just until moistened (batter may be
- lumpy). Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until top of muffin springs
- back when lightly touched. Yield: 15-18 muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 241 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.