A whole orange—peel and all—lends the sunshiny taste to these golden muffins. They’re moist, tender and a great way to wake up your family in the morning. But feel free to enjoy them anytime of day.Valerie Inman, Elkford, British Columbia
14 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium orange, unpeeled and cut into eight wedges
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup raisins, optional
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda
- and salt. In a blender, combine the orange, orange juice, egg and
- oil; cover and process until blended. Gradually add dry ingredients
- just until moistened. Stir in raisins and walnuts if desired.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for
- 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire
- racks. Yield: 14 muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 muffin (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 137 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 292 mg sodium,