Bonnie Polson of Moravia, Iowa shares this pretty, easy-to-make frozen dessert. "Many people tell me it tastes like the Dreamsicles they loved as children."
Recommended: 42 Desserts That Are Just Too Cute
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 graham cracker crust (8 or 9 inches)
- 1 pint orange sherbet, softened
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 2 tablespoons coconut, toasted
- Spread ice cream into crust; spread sherbet over ice cream. Freeze for at least 3 hours. Top with whipped topping. Cover and freeze. At least 30 minutes before serving, remove pie from freezer; arrange oranges on top and sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sunshine Ice Cream Pie in Taste of Home June/July 1995, p67
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sunshine Ice Cream Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review