Seasoned with garlic, onion and citrus, these fish fillets are moist and tasty, and they look especially pretty on a colorful bed of shredded carrots. "This delightful main dish tastes like you fussed, but it can be make in a snap," say Jalayne Luckett of Marion, Illinois.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 4 halibut steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion and
- garlic until tender; remove from the heat. Stir in parsley and
- orange peel.
- Place halibut in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking
- spray. Top with onion mixture. Combine orange and lemon juices; pour
- over fish. Sprinkle with salt and lemon-pepper. Cover and bake at
- 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Nutrition Factss: 1 serving equals 142 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 237 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.