Sunshine Gelatin Mold Recipe
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Whisk in ice cream until melted. Stir in oranges and pineapple. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Unmold onto a serving platter. Yield: 12 servings.
1/2 cup equals 167 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 69 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Sunshine Gelatin Mold
"The taste is wonderful ."
"I made this for a dinner party adn it was a great hit. I have made it several times since, and each time everyone loves it. I am going to make it with different fruit the next time just to see what happens."
"Delicious! Easy! A favorite."