"I serve this cool, creamy gelatin on a bed of lettuce and it's always a big hit." A great way to satisfy your sweet tooth! Marge Nicol, Shannon, Illinois
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Whisk in ice cream until melted. Stir in oranges and pineapple. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Unmold onto a serving platter. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Sunshine Gelatin Mold in Taste of Home October/November 2008, p18
Reviews for Sunshine Gelatin Mold
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2011
"I made this for a dinner party adn it was a great hit. I have made it several times since, and each time everyone loves it. I am going to make it with different fruit the next time just to see what happens."
Reviewed Nov. 19, 2009
"Delicious! Easy! A favorite."