Sunshine Fruit Salad
This is an excellent salad any time of the year. Other fruits can be substituted when they're in season.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 medium oranges, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 green or red tart apples, chopped
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 large firm banana, slices
- In a salad bowl, combine oranges and sugar. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add apples, kiwi, grapes, pineapple and yogurt; toss gently. Cover
- and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Add the banana just before serving.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 116 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 13 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.