Sunshine Crepes Recipe
"My family wanted just a light brunch and coffee this year for Christmas morning, so I whipped up these sweet and fruity crepes that were a big hit with everyone! To save even more time, use pre-made crepes,” suggests Mary Hobbs, Campbell, Missouri.
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the milk, eggs and oil. Combine the flour, sugar and salt; add to milk mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Coat an 8-in. nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Stir crepe batter; pour 2 tablespoons into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, coating skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 3. For filling, in a large bowl, combine the pineapple, oranges and vanilla; fold in whipped topping. Spoon 1/3 cup down the center of each crepe; roll up. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 6 servings.
2 each: 302 calories, 11g fat (8g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Sunshine Crepes
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC