Sunshine Coconut Pineapple Cake Recipe
This recipe is an old family favorite. My mother made it for us all the time, and now. I make it for any family. It tastes like a piece of sunshine.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:12-16 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Flaked coconut, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine the oil, lemon juice and vanilla. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. If necessary, add enough water to juice to measure 3/4 cup. Add oil mixture and pineapple juice mixture to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Fold in pineapple.
- 2. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For frosting, in a large , beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cake; sprinkle with coconut if desired. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 447 calories, 26 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 376 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC