Sunshine Cobbler Recipe
This scrumptious cobbler is a refreshing change of pace from everyday desserts. With a crispy homemade topping and a juicy filling, this recipe is a golden success! —Angela Leinenbach, Mechanicsville, Virginia
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) citrus salad, undrained
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 pecan halves
- Half-and-half cream, optional
- 1. Drain citrus salad, reserving 1/4 cup juice. In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and reserved juice. Stir in citrus salad and oranges. Divide among six 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups; dot with butter.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in egg and milk. Drop by spoonfuls over fruit mixture. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over tops.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until filling is bubbly and a toothpick inserted in topping comes out clean. Top each with a pecan half. Serve with cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 379 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Sunshine Cobbler
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC