Sunshine Chicken Recipe
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 chicken breast halves, boned and skinned
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Combine curry powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper; rub over both sides of chicken. In a skillet, combine orange juice, rice, water, brown sugar, mustard and remaining salt. Mix well. Top rice mixture with chicken pieces; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 20-25 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, until all liquid has absorbed, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 304 calories, 4g fat (0g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 30g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 2-1/2 lean meat, 1 fruit
Reviews for Sunshine Chicken
"Very good, easy and quick. I used Uncle Ben's quick long grain & wild rice."
"I have been looking for this Uncle Ben's recipe AGAIN, for years!! yay!! We Love it too! I add extra S&B Curry & br. sugar and Pineapple chunks and whatever else we're in the mood for! Thanks!!"
"this is a quick and easy recipe too make. the only change i did was instead of using chicken breast, I used chicken tenders ... chicken is awesome :-)"
"I like this dish very much."
"My wife has been making this for several years and is certainly a family favorite."
"Whole family loved this!"
"I didn`t like because it was dry, savory from juice and not enough flavor."
"This dish was delicious! The curry taste is very strong, so don't overdo it."
"My husband says this is his new favorite dish. The rest of my family and I also like it so I'm sure I will be making it again soon."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.