This recipe is great to serve for large groups because it can be easily doubled and takes little time or effort to prepare. Even my husband likes to make this chicken dish, and he usually hates to cook!
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 chicken breast halves, boned and skinned
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Combine curry powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper; rub over both
- sides of chicken. In a skillet, combine orange juice, rice, water,
- brown sugar, mustard and remaining salt. Mix well. Top rice mixture
- with chicken pieces; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 20-25
- minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, until all
- liquid has absorbed, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (without salt) equals 304 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 66 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fruit.