This recipe is great to serve for large groups because it can be easily doubled and takes little time or effort to prepare. Even my husband likes to make this chicken dish, and he usually hates to cook!
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 chicken breast halves, boned and skinned
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Combine curry powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper; rub over both sides of chicken. In a skillet, combine orange juice, rice, water, brown sugar, mustard and remaining salt. Mix well. Top rice mixture with chicken pieces; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 20-25 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, until all liquid has absorbed, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sunshine Chicken in Country Extra September 1991, p45
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sunshine Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review