Many hands helped make our wedding day perfect. My aunts and cousins prepared the wonderful food. My husband, Jeff, and I and our guests enjoyed these finger-licking-good chicken wings. The zesty sauce was inspired by my uncle, Bill Gingerich.
- 2 jars (12 ounces each) orange marmalade
- 3 cups ketchup
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- 8 pounds whole chicken wings (about 40)
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips. Dip wings into sauce and place on two foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes, reversing pans once during baking. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days before serving. Keep warm in 6-qt. slow cooker. Yield: 15-20 servings.
Originally published as Sunshine Chicken Wings in Down the Aisle Country-Style 2000, p27
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sunshine Chicken Wings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review