- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 chicken breast halves, boned and skinned
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Combine curry powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper; rub over both sides of chicken. In a skillet, combine orange juice, rice, water, brown sugar, mustard and remaining salt. Mix well. Top rice mixture with chicken pieces; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 20-25 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, until all liquid has absorbed, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sunshine Chicken
Sort By :
"Very good, easy and quick. I used Uncle Ben's quick long grain & wild rice."
"I have been looking for this Uncle Ben's recipe AGAIN, for years!! yay!! We Love it too! I add extra S&B Curry & br. sugar and Pineapple chunks and whatever else we're in the mood for! Thanks!!"
"this is a quick and easy recipe too make. the only change i did was instead of using chicken breast, I used chicken tenders ... chicken is awesome :-)"
"I like this dish very much."
"My wife has been making this for several years and is certainly a family favorite."