Sunshine Casserole Recipe
I have used this recipe for years, mostly for big dinners or potlucks. I often get requests for the recipe; it's easy to make as well as delicious. Even people who don't like vegetables discover that this dish is pretty tasty! I love finding new recipes to try in cookbooks - this one's a real winner.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups diced process American cheese
- 1 can (16-1/2 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until set. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 212 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 610 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC