I have used this recipe for years, mostly for big dinners or potlucks. I often get requests for the recipe; it's easy to make as well as delicious. Even people who don't like vegetables discover that this dish is pretty tasty! I love finding new recipes to try in cookbooks - this one's a real winner.
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups diced process American cheese
- 1 can (16-1/2 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until set. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sunshine Casserole in Country Extra January 1994, p47
Reviews for Sunshine Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review