These golden biscuits really bring sunshine to my breakfast table, especially on cold winter mornings when they're served with butter and molasses.
12 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- In a bowl, combine flour cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, cream of
- tartar and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse
- crumbs. Combine egg and milk; stir into flour mixture just until
- moistened. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead for about 1 minute. Pat or roll
- out to 3/4-in, thickness; cut with a 3-in. biscuit cutter. Place on
- a greased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes. Yield:
- 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 246 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 380 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.