Sunshine Baked Eggs Recipe
My son-in-law loves to cook, and he experimented with my old standby recipe for eggs by adding cottage cheese and crushed pineapple. It turned out to be so delicious we make eggs like this all the time! —Jane Zielinski, Rotterdam Junction, New York
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 14 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. With a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Crumble bacon.
- 2. In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs; add bacon and drippings, cottage cheese, pineapple and vanilla. Pour into greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 301 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 396 mg cholesterol, 542 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Sunshine Baked Eggs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC