Sunshine Baked Eggs Recipe
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 14 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. With a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Crumble bacon.
- 2. In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs; add bacon and drippings, cottage cheese, pineapple and vanilla. Pour into greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 301 calories, 20g fat (7g saturated fat), 396mg cholesterol, 542mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (8g sugars, trace fiber), 21g protein
Reviews for Sunshine Baked Eggs
"I would never think of pairing pineapple and cottage cheese with baked eggs but am excited to try it out. Using ham sounds like a wonderful spin and I think I'll try using coconut oil in place of the bacon fat for a subtle tropical feel. Yum!"
"At first I wondered about this combination, but now I'm intrigued. It sounds like a Hawaiian pizza in a pan. Ham sounds like a good substitute for the bacon, though I'm a bacon lover all the way."
"To tsuop - Yes, there are 14 eggs, but it makes 8 servings - less than 2 eggs per serving."
"Not much taste"
"Didn't care for the pineapple. 1# of bacon & 14 eggs Holy cholesterol!!"
"I made this for a spur-of-the moment family brunch. Instead of the bacon, I cut leftover ham into 1/4" cubes, added 2 TBSP melted butter in place of the bacon drippings, added 3 more eggs and the rest of the pint carton of cottage cheese and bked it in a 10 x 10 Corningware dish for 1 hour. It was delicious. Everyone loved it! Had homemade cinnamon rolls, fresh fruit salad and baked french toast. Perfect amount of food for 11 hungry brunchers."