Sunshine Baked Eggs Recipe
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 14 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. With a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Crumble bacon.
- 2. In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs; add bacon and drippings, cottage cheese, pineapple and vanilla. Pour into greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 301 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 396 mg cholesterol, 542 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 21 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.