My son-in-law loves to cook, and he experimented with my old standby recipe for eggs by adding cottage cheese and crushed pineapple. It turned out to be so delicious we make eggs like this all the time! —Jane Zielinski, Rotterdam Junction, New York
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 14 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. With a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Crumble bacon.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs; add bacon and drippings, cottage cheese, pineapple and vanilla. Pour into greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sunshine Baked Eggs in Reminisce May/June 1994, p51
Reviews for Sunshine Baked Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review