Sunshine Baked Eggs Recipe
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 14 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. With a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Crumble bacon.
- In a large bowl, lightly beat eggs; add bacon and drippings, cottage cheese, pineapple and vanilla. Pour into greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Sunshine Baked Eggs
Sort By :
"I would never think of pairing pineapple and cottage cheese with baked eggs but am excited to try it out. Using ham sounds like a wonderful spin and I think I'll try using coconut oil in place of the bacon fat for a subtle tropical feel. Yum!"
"At first I wondered about this combination, but now I'm intrigued. It sounds like a Hawaiian pizza in a pan. Ham sounds like a good substitute for the bacon, though I'm a bacon lover all the way."
"To tsuop - Yes, there are 14 eggs, but it makes 8 servings - less than 2 eggs per serving."
"Not much taste"
"Didn't care for the pineapple. 1# of bacon & 14 eggs Holy cholesterol!!"