Sunset Tomato Soup Recipe
"The secret to the beautiful orange color of this chunky soup I created is the mix of garden-fresh yellow tomatoes, red plum tomatoes and carrots," writes Emily Beebe from Stoughton, Wisconsin.
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 to 4 large yellow tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 4 plum tomatoes, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1. In a Dutch oven or large kettle, saute carrots and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add the tomatoes, broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 45-60 minutes or until liquid is slightly reduced. stir in dill; simmer 15 minutes longer. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 125 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 650mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Sunset Tomato Soup
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC