Sunrise Slushies Recipe
“My teenage daughters are perpetual dieters, so I worry about their nutrition,” writes Linda Evancoe-Coble from Leola, Pennsylvania. “I came up with this yummy breakfast beverage full of fruity goodness, and they love it.”
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup reduced-calorie reduced-sugar cranberry juice
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup cubed peeled mango
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled, sliced and quartered
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 8 to 10 ice cubes
- 1. In a blender, place half of each ingredient; cover and process until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 73 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC