I learned to cook at an early age. Instead of relying on recipes, most of my dishes come about from trial and error, including this skillet. We always make this when we go camping.—Mary Stickney, Cortland, Nebraska
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed and cooked
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Add potatoes, onion and celery. Cook and stir for 10-15 minutes or
- until potatoes are browned and celery is tender.
- Make four wells in beef mixture; bread an egg into each well. Cover
- and cook over medium heat until eggs are completely set, about 10
- minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
To make wells in the Sunrise Skillet beef mixture, use the back of a large serving spoon or the bottom of a measuring cup or small glass. To prevent eggshells from getting into the beef mixture, first break the eggs, one at a time, into a custard cup or saucer. Then gently slide into the well.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 242 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 240 mg cholesterol, 112 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.