Sunrise Orange Pancakes Recipe
"These delectable citrusy pancakes make any breakfast special," assures Dorothy Smith of El Dorado, Arkansas. "Plus, they're simple to prepare."
- 7 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice, divided
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine 4 tablespoons sugar, cornstarch and 3/4 cup orange juice; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat; cool to lukewarm.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine biscuit mix and remaining sugar in a bowl. Beat the eggs, milk and remaining orange juice; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 3. Pour the batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with orange sauce. Yield: 1 dozen.
3 each: 440 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 810mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Sunrise Orange Pancakes
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2010
"This is now one of my favorite pancake recipes."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC