Sunrise Orange Pancakes
"These delectable citrusy pancakes make any breakfast special," assures Dorothy Smith of El Dorado, Arkansas. "Plus, they're simple to prepare."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 7 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice, divided
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- In a small saucepan, combine 4 tablespoons sugar, cornstarch and 3/4
- cup orange juice; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
- for 2 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat; cool to lukewarm.
- Meanwhile, combine biscuit mix and remaining sugar in a bowl. Beat
- the eggs, milk and remaining orange juice; stir into dry ingredients
- just until moistened.
- Pour the batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle;
- turn when bubbles form on top of pancakes. Cook until second side is
- golden brown. Serve with orange sauce. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 440 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 810 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.