Sunny Vegetable Salad Recipe
A terrific mixture of crisp, chewy, fresh and sweet ingredients makes this salad taste as good as it looks. A nutritious vegetable like broccoli is a lot more palatable "dressed up" this way. -Char Holm, Goodhue, Minnesota
- 5 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 5 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1. In a large salad bowl, toss the broccoli, cauliflower, cheese, onion and raisins. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Sprinkle with bacon and sunflower seeds. Yield: 12-16 servings.
3/4 cup equals 231 calories, 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 227 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Sunny Vegetable Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC