- 5 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 5 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- In a large salad bowl, toss the broccoli, cauliflower, cheese, onion and raisins. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Sprinkle with bacon and sunflower seeds. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Sunny Vegetable Salad
"Fantastic recipe. I made it for a family gathering gathering and it was a great hit. . As a previous reviewer suggested, I substituted dried cranberries for raisins and everyone loved it."
"I have been this salad many times for family or to bring to a pot luck. Everyone always loves it and the bowl always comes home empty. I love it too, because it is so delicious and so easy to make."
"I made this salad for the first time last night....it's a lot like the recipe for broccoli salad I've used for years, but this one surpasses it! I love the cauliflower in it, as it's more tender than broccoli, and the addition of the cheese and sunflower seeds really adds to it. I'm afraid I'll be retiring my old recipe in favor of this one!"
"I take this to so many potlucks and family dinners. It is always loved! I use red wine vinegar instead of cider..nicer!"
"This is by and far the best vegetable salad I ever made. Anyone who eats it asks for the recipe."
"I make this recipe frequently for parties or potlucks. It's always very popular!"
"I have been making this since it first appeared in the magazine. I use all broccoli, though. We love it. I also use dried cranberries in place of the raisins."
"Two people asked me for the recipe at a small fellowship we attend. One of the men had a bowlful and went back for seconds. I omitted the bacon. I have to avoid sugar, so I couldn't eat it. Maybe an alternative sweetener could be used?"
"This is a wonderful salad, I get requests for it often... I add another ingredient to the dressing. CURRY POWDER! Not a lot, but just enough to raise the question... what is that great taste??"