Sunny Vegetable Salad Recipe
- 5 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 5 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- In a large salad bowl, toss the broccoli, cauliflower, cheese, onion and raisins. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Sprinkle with bacon and sunflower seeds. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Sunny Vegetable Salad(9)
Sort By :
Fantastic recipe. I made it for a family gathering gathering and it was a great hit. . As a previous reviewer suggested, I substituted dried cranberries for raisins and evertone loved it.
I have been this salad many times for family or to bring to a pot luck. Everyone always loves it and the bowl always comes home empty. I love it too, because it is so delicious and so easy to make.
I made this salad for the first time last night....it's a lot like the recipe for broccoli salad I've used for years, but this one surpasses it! I love the cauliflower in it, as it's more tender than broccoli, and the addition of the cheese and sunflower seeds really adds to it. I'm afraid I'll be retiring my old recipe in favor of this one!
I take this to so many potlucks and family dinners. It is always loved! I use red wine vinegar instead of cider..nicer!
This is by and far the best vegetable salad I ever made. Anyone who eats it asks for the recipe.