Sunny Strawberry & Cantaloupe Salad Recipe
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup cubed cantaloupe
- 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces) cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon sunflower kernels
- Thinly sliced fresh mint leaves, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine strawberries, cantaloupe and cheese. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Just before serving, gently stir in raspberries; top with sunflower kernels. If desired, sprinkle with mint. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 105 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Sunny Strawberry & Cantaloupe Salad
"Good fruit combinations, but I thought the cheese was a bit odd; it didn't seem to go with the fruits. I'd try a sweeter cheese in the future. I really liked the addition of the sunflower kernels, they give the salad a nice crunch."