Sunny Strawberry & Cantaloupe Salad
My little ones absolutely love this salad and ask me to make it all the time. Fruit and cheese taste delish together and the kids like to bite into the crunchy sunflower seeds. —Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup cubed cantaloupe
- 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces) cubed part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon sunflower kernels
- Thinly sliced fresh mint leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine strawberries, cantaloupe and cheese. Drizzle
- with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Just before serving, gently stir
- in raspberries; top with sunflower kernels. If desired, sprinkle
- with mint. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 105 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 fruit.