Sunny Snow Peas Recipe
Kathleen Bailey of Chester Springs, Pennsylvania turns crispy snow peas into something special by tossing them with a lovely honey-orange sauce. "I enjoy serving fresh vegetables," she says, "especially when I can prepare a sauce like this that seems to add the bright warmth of the sun."
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 pound fresh snow peas or sugar snap peas
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until mixture is reduced by half, about 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add peas. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and transfer to a serving bowl. Add orange juice mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 80 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Sunny Snow Peas
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC