Sunny Snow Peas Recipe
Kathleen Bailey of Chester Springs, Pennsylvania turns crispy snow peas into something special by tossing them with a lovely honey-orange sauce. "I enjoy serving fresh vegetables," she says, "especially when I can prepare a sauce like this that seems to add the bright warmth of the sun."
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 pound fresh snow peas or sugar snap peas
- In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until mixture is reduced by half, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add peas. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and transfer to a serving bowl. Add orange juice mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sunny Snow Peas in Light & Tasty April/May 2002, p10
Reviews for Sunny Snow Peas(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 16, 2012
Very light but tasty. If I change this recipe it might be to add Mandarin Oranges and use the juices as a partial substitute for the o.j.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Snow Peas >