"Preparing this recipe is the best way I know to make sure my family takes time for breakfast," comments Rose Koren of Bookfield, Illinois. "I just call out 'pizza's ready!' and amazingly everyone comes to the table."
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 6 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepepr
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Place crust on a greased pizza pan. Using a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter, cut out six circles from crust, evenly spaced and about 1 in. from edge. (Remove circles and save for another use.)
- Bread an egg into each hole. Sprinkle with the cheese, bacon, peppers and onion. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until the eggs are completely set. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sunny-Side-Up Pizza in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p16
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Sunny-Side-Up Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2010
"This is such a fun breakfast! We used one whole red pepper, since that is what we had home.~ Theresa"