Sunny-Side-Up Herbed Tart Recipe
Feel free to be creative with this versatile egg tart. Try Canadian bacon or ham as the meat ingredient, and add toppings such as thyme, chopped spinach or goat cheese.Diana Neves, Lafayette, California
- 4 slices pancetta or 4 bacon strips
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon sherry, optional
- 1/4 cup shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 5 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Dash each salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. In a small skillet, saute mushrooms and shallot in oil until tender. Add tarragon and sherry if desired; cook 1 minute longer.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the cheeses, sour cream, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry. Roll into a 10-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Prick with a fork.
- Spread mushroom mixture over pastry to within 1 in. of edges. Top with pancetta (place pancetta near the edges of the mushroom mixture). Score edges of pastry with a fork. Beat 1 egg and water; brush over pastry edges. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- Carefully crack remaining eggs off-center into each corner. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until eggs are set. Sprinkle with chives, salt and pepper. Cut into four pieces. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sunny-Side-Up Herbed Tart in Country Woman April/May 2010, p37
Reviews for Sunny-Side-Up Herbed Tart(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Country Woman Breakfast Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >