My boys love this sweet take on eggs and toast. To make the "egg yolk," you can use all sorts of fruit, or even vanilla or butterscotch pudding. —Crystal Jo Bruns, Iliff, Colorado
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 4 slices pound cake
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 4 canned apricot halves
- Spread butter over both sides of cake slices. In a skillet, toast
- pound cake over medium-high heat 15-30 seconds on each side or until
- golden brown. Transfer to dessert plates.
- Spoon yogurt over cake to resemble fried egg whites. Top with
- apricots to resemble yolks. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 179 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.