Sunny Sherbet Cups
The sky's the limit with this delicious dessert! Substitute raspberry, pineapple or orange sherbet or replace the mandarin oranges with pineapple tidbits or fresh raspberries. Whipped cream and toasted nuts make tasty toppings.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange or pineapple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 to 4 cups lemon sherbet
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and orange juice until
- smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until
- thickened. Stir in vanilla; cool for 5 minutes. Gently stir in the
- oranges. Scoop sherbet into individual dishes; top with orange
- sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 229 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 58 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.