Sunny Peaches & Cream Pie Recipe
Think of this pie as a summer dessert, but don't rule it out for the holidays—with strawberries and strawberry gelatin. —Lorraine Wright, Grand Forks, British Columbia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Cook: 5 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package (3 ounces) peach gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches or canned sliced peaches
- 1. In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in margarine. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 2. For filling, in a small bowl, mix cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until blended. Fold in whipped topping. Carefully spread over crust; refrigerate until set.
- 3. For topping, in a small saucepan, combine gelatin and pudding mix; stir in water. Bring just to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring constantly; remove from the heat. Cool 5 minutes.
- 4. Arrange peach slices over filling. Spoon gelatin mixture over peaches. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until chilled. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC