Sunny Orange Whole Wheat Pancakes Recipe
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1. In a blender, combine the first four ingredients. Cover and process until smooth. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; make a well. Add orange juice mixture; stir just until moistened.
- 2. Pour batter by 2 tablespoonfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancake; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with marmalade. Yield: 16 pancakes.
2 pancakes with 1 tablespoon marmalade equals 150 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 starch.
Reviews for Sunny Orange Whole Wheat Pancakes
"i substituted cranberry juice and vanilla extract for the orange products and they turned out to be the best wheat pancakes i've ever had!"