Sunny Orange Whole Wheat Pancakes Recipe
Friends and family will flip over these light whole wheat pancakes with a sunny twist of citrus. Earl Brunner of Las Vegas, Nevada adapted them from a traditional pancake recipe. "Feel free to mix raisins or dried cranberries into the batter to add a bit of chewy sweetness," he recommends.
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Orange Extract
- 1-1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- In a blender, combine the first four ingredients. Cover and process until smooth. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; make a well. Add orange juice mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 2 tablespoonfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking spray. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancake; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with marmalade. Yield: 16 pancakes.
Originally published as Orange Whole Wheat Pancakes in Light & Tasty April/May 2002, p9
Reviews for Sunny Orange Whole Wheat Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2009
"i substituted cranberry juice and vanilla extract for the orange products and they turned out to be the best wheat pancakes i've ever had!"