Sunny Orange Lemonade Recipe
- 4-1/4 cups water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 3/4 cup orange juice (about 3 oranges)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Ice cubes
- Lemon slices, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring 1-1/4 cups water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes; cool.
- 2. Transfer to a pitcher; add lemon and orange juices and peels. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 3. Stir in the remaining water. Serve over ice. Garnish with lemon if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 113 calories, trace fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (27g sugars, trace fiber), trace protein
Reviews for Sunny Orange Lemonade
"My boys really enjoyed this lemonade. They don't like the tang of regular lemonade so the orange helps mellow that out. The sweetness level was prefect for us but I can see where it might be too sweet for others."
"Love the orange-lemon combination but way too sweet for me. Will try it again with half the amount of recommended sugar."
"This was very refreshing."
"The orange really rounds out the flavor - loved it!"
"Lemonade is one of my favorite drinks so I was anxious to try this and my family and I loved it! I did use Splenda instead of the sugar. Will make again!"
"Kathleen1935. You need to read the instructions again. Readers are asked "what they do to modify the recipe".I've gotten some good ideas from this.The recipe, of course should only be rated on the original as is recipe."
"PERFECT SUMMER DRINK"
"Delicious! I like reading other peoples variations too."
"I like to hear about the recipe presented and the variations some people add to it."
"So then rate the recipe as it stands and then add what you did, it's creative to see what everyone comes up with."
"I always read the reviews for ideas on other ingredients to add."
"I agree with if you add something it is not the recipe you are rating and that is what they are asking you to do"
"I like to see the variations."
"Why do people have to say what they did to alter the recipe. Can't they read instructions??? RATE THIS RECIPE NOT YOURS."
"This is wonderful. I sometimes add the lemon and orange,after sweezing, to the hot water as it cools just for extra flavor."
"Love this lemonade!!"
"I added a couple tea bags to the boiling water - was a big hit at my house - a favorite on hot days!"