Sunny Orange Lemonade
Here's a beverage that'll really hit the spot. Filled with tangy goodness, it'll quench your thirst any time of year. I like to use tree-ripened lemons and oranges that are so abundant here in Florida.—Martha Schwartz, Sarasota, Florida
6-8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
- 4-1/4 cups water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 3/4 cup orange juice (about 3 oranges)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Ice cubes
- Lemon slices, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring 1-1/4 cups water and sugar to a boil.
- Reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes; cool.
- Transfer to a pitcher; add lemon and orange juices and peels. Cover
- and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Stir in the remaining water. Serve over ice. Garnish with lemon if
- desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 113 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.