- 4-1/4 cups water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 3/4 cup orange juice (about 3 oranges)
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Ice cubes
- Lemon slices, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring 1-1/4 cups water and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for 10 minutes; cool.
- Transfer to a pitcher; add lemon and orange juices and peels. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Stir in the remaining water. Serve over ice. Garnish with lemon if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Sunny Orange Lemonade
"My boys really enjoyed this lemonade. They don't like the tang of regular lemonade so the orange helps mellow that out. The sweetness level was prefect for us but I can see where it might be too sweet for others."
"Love the orange-lemon combination but way too sweet for me. Will try it again with half the amount of recommended sugar."
"This was very refreshing."
"The orange really rounds out the flavor - loved it!"
"Lemonade is one of my favorite drinks so I was anxious to try this and my family and I loved it! I did use Splenda instead of the sugar. Will make again!"