- 4-1/2 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine 4-1/2 cups flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the eggs, milk, oil, orange juice and peel; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Turn onto a floured surface; roll to 1/2-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. doughnut cutter.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry doughnuts, a few at a time, until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Dust warm doughnuts with confectioners’ sugar.
- To freeze, wrap doughnuts in foil; transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen doughnuts: Remove foil. Thaw at room temperature. Warm if desired. Dust warm doughnuts with confectioners’ sugar. Yield: 20 doughnuts.
Originally published as Sunny Morning Doughnuts in Taste of Home April/May 2009, p43
Reviews for Sunny Morning Doughnuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 26, 2012
These were very good and easy to make with ingredients on hand. Not overly sweet. Perfect with a cup of coffee. Thank you for the recipe :-)
Reviewed Mar. 13, 2012
I really liked these doughnuts, they had a lot of flavor.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Doughnuts >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mother's Day Doughnut Recipes >