Sunny Cornmeal Muffins
Most muffin recipes make such a big batch that I can't possibly eat them all before they go bad. So I was thrilled to find this recipe.Lethea Weber, Newport, Arkansas
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup Bisquick® mix
- 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine the baking mix, cornmeal and sugar. Combine
- milk, egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened
- (batter will be thin). Pour into two greased 6-oz. oven proof
- custard cups or ramekins.
- Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2
Editor's Note: Muffins may be baked in a muffin pan; fill empty cups halfway with water.
Nutritional Facts: 1 muffin (prepared with reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix, skim milk and egg substitute equivalent to 1 egg) equals 243 calories, 9 g fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 251 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.