Sunny Corn Bread Muffins Recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, buttermilk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in corn.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 8 muffins.
Reviews for Sunny Corn Bread Muffins
Sort By :
Yum! Whole wheat flour works great. Instead of buttermilk, I used milk that expired a week ago.
Very good muffins.
I use a whole can of cream corn instead of just 1 c. and it helps them to be sweeter. I also use canola oil instead of vegetable oil. My family loves them this way.
I posted new recipes in my Recipe Box for Corn Breads and Muffins NanZim
They looked beautiful when they came out of the oven but they tasted really bland. I'm still searching for a sweeter corn bread.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Muffin Recipes >
- Muffins >
- Quick Bread Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >