- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, well drained
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, sugar and orange juice. Beat in coconut. Cover and refrigerate. In large bowl, combine the cake mix, gelatin, water, oil and eggs; mix well.
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Split each cake into two horizontal layers. Set aside 1 cup of the coconut filling; spread remaining filling between cake layers. Refrigerate. In a chilled large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into reserved filling. Frost the top and sides of cake. Garnish with oranges. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Sunny Coconut Cake in Taste of Home April/May 1999, p67
Reviews for Sunny Coconut Cake(3)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 16, 2012
Delicious! Especially if stored in fridge over night. No leftovers to share with this one.
Reviewed Feb. 18, 2012
Very good, nice and moist. everyone loved it.
Reviewed May. 21, 2009
Wonderful recipe. Yummy. Thanks
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >