Sunny Chicken 'N' Rice Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the orange juice, preserves, allspice, salt, pepper and ginger. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until preserves begin to melt; stir to blend.
- 2. Place the rice in a shallow 3-qt. microwave-safe dish; arrange chicken on top. Pour sauce over chicken and rice. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- 3. Cover and microwave at 80% power for 11-15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and the rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One chicken breast with 1 cup rice (prepared with reduced-sugar preserves) equals 323 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Sunny Chicken 'N' Rice
"easy to make and a way to spice up my family's typical chicken recipe! will share with others!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.