VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the orange juice, preserves, allspice, salt, pepper and ginger. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until preserves begin to melt; stir to blend.
- Place the rice in a shallow 3-qt. microwave-safe dish; arrange chicken on top. Pour sauce over chicken and rice. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Cover and microwave at 80% power for 11-15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and the rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sunny Chicken 'N' Rice in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p51
Reviews forSunny Chicken 'N' Rice
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review