Sunny Chicken 'N' Rice Recipe
A sweet and spicy apricot sauce gives lots of flavor to the tender chicken in this dish from Diana Duda of Glenwood, Illinois. "It's especially fast because it's made with instant rice," she notes. "Serve it with crusty bread, fresh fruit and a green salad."
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the orange juice, preserves, allspice, salt, pepper and ginger. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until preserves begin to melt; stir to blend.
- Place the rice in a shallow 3-qt. microwave-safe dish; arrange chicken on top. Pour sauce over chicken and rice. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Cover and microwave at 80% power for 11-15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and the rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sunny Chicken 'N' Rice in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sunny Chicken 'N' Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 23, 2013
"easy to make and a way to spice up my family's typical chicken recipe! will share with others!"