Sunny Carrot Sticks
Place 1 in. of water and carrots in a (large / small) skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until crisp-tender.Wendy Masters, Grand Valley, Ontario
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound carrots, julienned
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place 1 in. of water and carrots in a large saucepan; bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in orange juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
- for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in butter. Drain
- carrots; drizzle with orange juice mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 121 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 99 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.