Sunny Carrot Salad
Almonds and sunflower kernels give a pleasing crunch to this speedy variation on traditional carrot-raisin salad. If you prefer a nuttier flavor, use 1/2 cup of sunflower kernels instead of 1/3 cup. —Barb Hunter, Ponder, Texas
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 2 cups unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- 1/3 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- In a large serving bowl, combine the carrots, pineapple and raisins.
- Stir in mayonnaise. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Just before
- serving, add almonds and sunflower kernels; toss to coat. Yield: 5
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 343 calories, 21 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein.