Sunny Breakfast Special
Get the day off to a great start with this welcome wake-up treat submitted by Alberta Hanson of Cushing, Wisconsin. Orange marmalade and pineapple lend a tangy twist to the hearty and flavorful bacon, egg and cheese English muffin.
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 English muffin half
- 1 slice Canadian bacon
- 1 pineapple ring
- 1 teaspoon orange marmalade
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, separated
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- Spread butter over muffin half; place on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6
- in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until butter is bubbly. Top
- with bacon and pineapple; spoon marmalade into center of pineapple
- ring. Brush egg white over top and sides of muffin. Sprinkle cheese
- on top.
- With a spoon, make a well in cheese; place egg yolk in well. Bake at
- 375° for 15 minutes or until egg is completely set and top is
- golden brown. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 356 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 264 mg cholesterol, 722 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.