Sunny Breakfast Special Recipe
Get the day off to a great start with this welcome wake-up treat submitted by Alberta Hanson of Cushing, Wisconsin. Orange marmalade and pineapple lend a tangy twist to the hearty and flavorful bacon, egg and cheese English muffin.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 English muffin half
- 1 slice Canadian bacon
- 1 pineapple ring
- 1 teaspoon orange marmalade
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Spread butter over muffin half; place on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until butter is bubbly. Top with bacon and pineapple; spoon marmalade into center of pineapple ring. Brush egg white over top and sides of muffin. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- 2. With a spoon, make a well in cheese; place egg yolk in well. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until egg is completely set and top is golden brown. Yield: 1 serving.
1 serving (1 each) equals 356 calories, 21 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 264 mg cholesterol, 722 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC