Get the day off to a great start with this welcome wake-up treat submitted by Alberta Hanson of Cushing, Wisconsin. Orange marmalade and pineapple lend a tangy twist to the hearty and flavorful bacon, egg and cheese English muffin.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 English muffin half
- 1 slice Canadian bacon
- 1 pineapple ring
- 1 teaspoon orange marmalade
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheddar cheese
- Spread butter over muffin half; place on a baking sheet. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until butter is bubbly. Top with bacon and pineapple; spoon marmalade into center of pineapple ring. Brush egg white over top and sides of muffin. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- With a spoon, make a well in cheese; place egg yolk in well. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until egg is completely set and top is golden brown. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Sunny Breakfast Special in Taste of Home June/July 2002, p11
Reviews for Sunny Breakfast Special
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review